It is with mixed emotions that we set out for our Poland English Camp today. As many of you know, Mark is being treated for Esophageal Cancer. He is undergoing chemotherapy treatments this week. (See Mark’s Caring Bridge for more information). As a result Mark and Doreen recently had to make the difficult decision to stay home from this trip. Though it is sad to be working with only half of our team, we continue to trust God that he has a plan for us this week. The entire Snuffer family–Mike, Mary, Katherine, Zachary, Adrian, and Josiah–will be traveling today. In addition, Michael and KD Henderson will be traveling and working with us in Poland.
The spiritual warfare has been especially intense this year. Though the past few months have been difficult, we believe these sacrifices are an indication of the way God is going to use this ministry to change lives. We are definitely invading enemy territory as we walk into these camps. In a typical camp, 40-60% of the campers would describe themselves as unbelievers. In the earliest camps we attended, it was extremely exciting when 1 or 2 campers would dedicate their lives to Christ. In the past five years, God has really flipped the tables. It is now not unusual to hear the 15, 20 or even more have chosen to follow Christ.
This year we have been hearing from our partners in Poland that some unbelieving student are signing up and saying, “We aren’t really coming for the English. We want to learn about Jesus.”
It has been a privilege to be partners with this little church in Glogów, Poland for 15+ years. While it is exciting to be able to come back to the US with large numbers of individuals who have marked a “yes” on a survey–it is so much more rewarding to watch these same people transformed over time. Many who accepted Christ in past years are now active in the local church and are also partnering with us in this camp ministry as coordinators, worship leaders, translators, etc.
Thank you for joining with us in prayer as we work at the camp this week. We have seen year after year how God responds to your prayers. We have already been aware of your prayers in the past few days as God has been at work. Please keep the following list in your prayers throughout the week:
- Pray that the team members from MN, IA, and Poland will practice love towards one another. (Jn. 13:35)
- The Snuffer family and Henderson kids are somewhat emotionally depleted coming into this camp. Please pray that God will provide us with exactly what we need in order to be able to invest into the lives of others.
- Pray that God will protect us by blocking the spiritual attacks we have been experiencing in these past few months.
- Pray that God will change lives. This includes unbelievers, believers, and even us as team members.
- Please pray for Michael and KD Henderson, who will be traveling without their parents.
- Please pray that God would encourage and bless Doreen, who is home giving care to Mark.